Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcome to the brewing world

This blog is dedicated to the adventures of homebrewing. What could be more fun then making your own beer? My husband has been collecting the necessary equipment and together we have been doing the research and dare I say, we are ready to brew!

During our planning, I realized that documentation was going to be key. We need to keep track of recipes and procedures in order to property evaluate our beer and design our next batch of brew. I guess it is just the chemist in me, but I need to write it down. I thought a 'lab notebook' would be too boring and old school, so this blog was born.

My goal is to give enough pictures and information to eventually guide other home brewers on their quest for great beer. Feel free to comment and leave questions. Both D and I will try to do our best to keep up with any response we receive.

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely a time-consuming process. How different does it taste from store-bought beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on what recipe you use. One thing that has been nice, is that as we have made certain recipes, we have been able to pick out what we like about one and combine it with others. There by crafting our favorite recipe. In the end we get 5 gallons of beer we really like for a really good price :)

    ReplyDelete